- Visa and Consular
- Other Entry Information
Other Entry Information
Entry to Kenya
- A passport or travel document acceptable to the Government of Kenya valid for at least 6 months.
- A valid visa where applicable.
- Sufficient funds for subsistence while in in Kenya.
- A return or onward ticket to the country of origin, domicile or destination.
Registration in Kenya
All visitors staying in Kenya for more than three months (90 days) must register their presence at the Alien section of the nearest Ministry of Immigration office, Department of Immigration Services.
Immunisation against yellow fever is only compulsory for travellers over one year old who enter Kenya from a yellow fever risk country in Central and Western African or Central and Latin American countries where yellow fever is still endemic.
Taking of anti-malaria medication is strongly recommended.
Import licence for cats/dogs
- In accordance with the Animal Disease Act, visitors to Kenya are required to obtain an import permit for their cat or dog before they can bring the animal into the country.
- The permit can be obtained at the point of entry, upon presentation of a valid vaccination booklet (check with veterinarian).
- The following documents are also required:
- Animals in transit for less than 48 hrs do not need certificates 1-3, but will be kept in isolation at the owner’s expense, and can only leave Kenya by air or sea. Cats/dogs entering Kenya by land must be reported within three days of arrival.
The visa information above is subject to change from time to time. It is important to confirm this information before applying for a visa or departure to Kenya or check the Visa Section Notice Board for updates. Also check the welcome page of the website for a list of days when the Embassy is closed.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE VISA FORM IS CORRECTLY COMPLETED, AND THAT PHOTOGRAPHS AND THE CORRECT FEE ARE ENCLOSED BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, TO ENSURE PROMPT PROCESSING OF YOUR VISA.
For more details on the application procedure
Click here(PDF:269KB) to down load visa application form. Kindly print the form on a single sheet of paper complete it and staple the photograph to it.