Visa Regulations and Requirements Visa Information Other Entry Information Work/Entry Permit Passes International Adoption/ Conducting Research in Kenya by non-Kenyans/ Filming Requirements Kenya Passports Consular Services Forms and downloads

Work/Entry Permit

Please note that all non-Kenyan citizens must be in possession of an entry/work permit or exemption, issued by the Office of the Director of Immigration Services, before they can take up employment in Kenya, whether paid or unpaid.

Non-Kenyans wanting to carry out short term business assignments like assembling machinery, maintenance or performance whether paid or unpaid must obtain a Kenya Special Pass from The Director of Immigration Services.

Non-Kenyan students intending to pursue studies in Kenya at any level including internships, must obtain a Kenya Pupils Pass from the Director of Immigration Services before embarking on their studies.

Applications for issue of entry/work permits and Kenya Pupils Passes are not processed at this Mission.

They should be addressed to:
Director of Immigration Services
Department of Immigration
Nyayo House
PO Box 30191
Tel: +245-20-222022
Fax: +254-20-220731

All voluntary workers, students, employees, business-people and residents staying for more than three months MUST register their presence at the Alien Section of the nearest Ministry of Immigration office, Department of Immigration Services.

Back to the top