1. Home
  2. Consular
  3. Work/Resident Permit

Work/Resident Permit

Please note that all non-Kenyan citizens must be in possession of a work/resident permit or exemption, issued by the Office of the Director of Immigration Services, before they can take up employment in Kenya, whether paid or unpaid or engage in any business or long term residence.

Non-Kenyans wanting to carry out short term business assignments like assembling machinery, maintenance or performance whether paid or unpaid must obtain a Kenya Special Pass from The Director of Immigration Services.

Non-Kenyan students intending to pursue studies in Kenya at any level including internships and research must obtain a student/internship/research pass from the Director of Immigration Services before embarking on their studies.

Applications for issue of work/resident permits and passes are not processed at this Mission.

They should be addressed to:
Director of Immigration Services
Department of Immigration
Nyayo House
PO Box 30191
Tel: +245-20-222022
Fax: +254-20-220731

All voluntary workers, students, employees, business-people and residents staying for more than three months MUST register their presence at the nearest Immigration office.