Kenya Embassy wishes to inform that the Kenya Government, on 6th July 2020, announced measures for a phased re-opening of the country as follows:
- THAT the cessation of movement into and out of the Nairobi Metropolitan Area, Mombasa County and Mandera County, that has been in force, shall lapse at 4:00 a.m. on Tuesday, 7th July, 2020.
- THAT the Nationwide Curfew that is currently in force between the hours of 9pm and 4am daily, be extended by a further 30 days.
- THAT Local Air Travel within the Territory of the Republic of Kenya shall resume effective Wednesday, 15th July, 2020; in strict conformity with all applicable guidelines and protocols from both the Ministry of Health and civil aviation authorities;
- THAT International Air Travel into and out of the Territory of the Republic of Kenya shall resume effective 1st August, 2020; in strict conformity with all protocols from the Ministry of Health, local and international civil aviation authorities, and any additional requirements applicable at the ports of departure, arrival or transit;
- THAT the ministry of Health, in conjunction with the Ministry of Industrialization, Trade and Enterprise Development shall establish protocols for the resumption of the importation and sale of imported/second-hand clothes.